Marshmallow fluff. It has been sat in my cupboard for too long. I just couldn’t think what to do with it… Until now!
- 60g butter (at room temperature)
- 150g sugar
- 1 egg
- 20g cocoa powder
- 150g plain flour
- 140ml buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2tsp white wine vinegar
- Make buttermilk. Bring normal milk to the boil. Once it has cooled, add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice or white wine vinegar (whichever is on hand). Give it a mix – and voila – you have buttermilk!
- Preheat your oven to about 170C, and prepare your tin by lining it with cupcake cases.
- Mix the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg.
- Mix in the cocoa powder.
- Add the flour and buttermilk, and lightly mix it round a couple of times.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar, and fold the mix until everything is combined. Try not to mix it too much, else your cakes might not be soft.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases, and bake them for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the baked cupcakes from the oven, and put them on a wire rack. Leave to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from The Love Bakery – Thanks L!
MARSHMALLOW FLUFF ICING
- 75g butter (at room temperature)
- 150g icing sugar
- 100g marshmallow fluff
- 1tbsp milk
- Mix the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Get in a sticky mess by adding the marshmallow fluff and milk and mix until it resembles fluffy clouds.
- Lick the spoon and bowl. Try not to eat all the icing!
Slightly adapted from a lovely blogger, Judy – Thanks J!
- Throw the icing on the cake (and in your mouth), in any fashion you prefer!
From now on. Marshmallow fluff is a staple in my household. FACT.